My Blog List

Thursday 28 October 2010

Swatches

This morning's post delivered two beautiful fabric swatches from Sarah Hardaker Ltd. This fabric is printed on 100 per cent linen. I discovered it last year and saved hard to buy enough to cover an armchair in the olive green colour. Now I am ready to do a second one, and I am going for a dusty rose colour. Sarah Hardaker is a small British company and the fabrics are really beautiful. Find more info at http://www.sarahhardaker.co.uk/ .


I won't be making the slipcover myself - sadly, my skills with the sewing machine extend only to going in straight lines - so to compensate, I got busy with my staplegun last night and covered an old stool with a fabric remnant from the last chair. I have been meaning to do this for so long, and it was great to get down to it at last. The results don't bear close scrutiny (you can see a brass tack that I couldn't quite conceal under my trim), but it was really satisfying and the only cost was £4.99 for a pot of Copydex glue...
I know everyone is going Fifties and retro in their interiors now, but I still have a great fondness for these sludgy pastel colours and polka dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment