My Blog List

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Easy crafts

I can't stop making these little knitted purses. They appeal to me because they are so simple to make and I can knock one up in an evening. It is not false modesty when I say that I am pretty cack-handed when it comes to knitting and sewing. I sigh over some blogs where the creators are banging out stunning patchworks and impeccable blankets. I can master anything that goes in straight lines, so this basic knitting stitch suits me just fine. Best of all, I like to choose the wool and match up the buttons from my stash. It is so relaxing. While I was sorting through a box of wool in a charity shop last week, I met a very nice elderly lady, who gave me great words of encouragement. Keep at it, was the general gist, and speak your patterns out loud. So that's what I'm going to do. (Btw, I didn't make this beautiful crochet blanket)

No comments:

Post a Comment