My Blog List

Saturday 21 May 2011

Retro baking

It's almost time for my annual baking fest. For the last couple of years, my mum and I have provided the teas at my friend Tracey's National Gardens Scheme open day. This involves baking on a large scale, and I am always looking for new cakes to serve. I've been trawling through my old Seventies notebooks, and came up with these Coffee Kisses. They are delicious, and very economical. It was a strange decade, thinking back. I've been recalling some of the things we ate and drank such as dried orange juice - literally a powder that you rehydrated. Dream topping. And a dessert called Orange Chiffon Pie. Maybe I'll pass on those. But Coffee Kisses will definitely be on the menu next Bank Holiday Monday.

The venue is Foxtail Lilly, 41, South Road, Oundle, if you happen to be in the area. I am sure I will be taking some photos, although once the rush starts, it is fairly relentless.

2 comments:

  1. The coffee kisses look delicious!
    I like the National Gardens Scheme open days. So inspirational!
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I keep trying to reply to comments, but the system won't always let me. I really appreciate your feedback. I love the NGS, too, and hope to see more gardens this year.

    ReplyDelete