My Blog List

Sunday 31 July 2011

The pleasures of home

On the flight home from Spain, I was thinking to myself that I would turn over a new leaf on my return. I would de-clutter, clear the decks and resist the lure of the charity shop and car boot sale for a while.
6.45am this morning and the sun was glinting through the curtains, the birds were singing....could I resist?
Fifteen minutes later, I was in the car and heading for my old stamping ground, my big straw basket on the seat beside me.
It was a beautiful day, and the car boots were out in force. I thought I was going to be a bit late for the best loot, but I had a great morning's hunting. A pretty, pretty Staffordshire tea set for a fiver, more buttons, some lovely floral jugs and a little stool to recover (for £1!). And I love this:

It is dated 1935. No Alco-Pops or Facebook on their horizon!

When I got back home an hour or so later and put the coffee on, the house was still quiet. No one had stirred while I was out.


I have to face it, I can't give up my Sunday morning junking jaunts.

1 comment:

  1. We don't have car boot sales in my corner of the world, so, I really envy you your Sunday morning forays. I have fallen for the pretty tea set. It looks made for tea on the lawn.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete