My Blog List

Saturday 27 August 2011

It's (nearly) showtime


The village show is almost upon us and I am getting a few entries ready. I'm putting in a couple of jars of jam, two greetings cards and a victoria sponge. Much to my amazement, my younger son has also announced his intention to try his luck. I've spent years encouraging him to enter a painting or a plate of biscuits, to no avail. This year, I think he has his eye on the prize money (the princely sum of £1 for first place!).
My painted cards are just about finished. I added some bead details to this dress this morning:


The cards are usually trounced by jolly stick-on teddy bears and cross stitch scenes. But it's all good fun. We'll be baking tomorrow: Bank Holiday Monday is show day.

1 comment:

  1. Your cards are beautiful. There is nothing like a handmade card.

    Good luck in the show, have fun.

    ReplyDelete