My Blog List

Sunday 4 September 2011

A windfall

Most of my family, and my extended family, now know of my fondness for vintage, especially fabrics. You couldn't really visit the house and not be aware that there is a little bit of an obsession going on here. To my delight, an aunt recently came across a large stash of old material and she wondered if I'd be interested as it was heading for the charity shop....was I? Oh yes.

This one has to be my favourite. 1950s roses on a dove grey background, and it's a ma-hoosive piece, too. I spent a happy hour or two giving it some tlc yesterday. There was also some vintage Sanderson, some William Morris designs, and this one, which isn't my usual style, but I did like the colours.

And here is a little bit more of that rosey design:




1 comment:

  1. Hello there,

    Just discovered your blog and have thoroughly enjoyed looking through it, admiring your lovely thrifty buys!

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete