My Blog List

Saturday 16 June 2012

Cushions and roses



It's time to start using some of my hoarded fabrics, so although my next sale is a few months away, I've started making cushions (which, let's face it, is really the only thing I am capable of making). I have collected lots of roses fabrics, and I love the way they look together. The backing is a plain natural linen from Ikea. I am off to make a few more. 
Today I cooked a big roast lunch followed by home made chocolate fudge cake and cherry compote for an early Fathers Day (three fathers in attendance), so a little relaxation is now in order....

3 comments:

  1. Your cushions look beautiful and I love the sound of your chocolate fudge cake with cherry compote. I was very naughty yesterday and made a Victorian sponge and had a large slice last night with a cup of tea....bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't beat a slice of homemade cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning cushions.

    Now my idea of relaxing would be leaning against some beautiful cushions like these and tucking into that fudge cake!!

    You just cant beat home baked cake can you? My daughter has just finished baking and decorating a wonderful cake for my DH for Fathers Day - victoria sponge, 3 layers sandwiched together with jam and cream, smothered in chocolate with Hersheys Kisses and jelly beans on top!!!!! I feel like I have just put on half a stone just looking at it lol!!

    Helenxx

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete