My Blog List

Saturday 24 November 2012

My torn heart


Last night I was ensconced by the fire with a basket of fabric remnants and a heart shaped wire that I found during my big clean up. I decided to give it the rag wreath treatment. It was only a single wire, so it's not as fulsome as the round wreath, but I quite like the results. As before, I cut long strips of fabric, ribbon or lace and just knotted them on. And, in a super-thrifty measure, I even saved the ends of the strips that I trimmed off to make into patchwork baubles later.


                    
             Heart wreath on my favourite cabinet


DON'T FORGET TO ENTER MY GIVEAWAY (previous post) IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY.
Closes December 1st.

17 comments:

  1. Great way of using up leftover scraps - brilliant!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Streetcomber
    I think this heart wreath is really pretty and a very decorative and clever way to use up scraps. It would look lovely with Christmassy material too...now there's an idea...
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie, like your idea of the Christmassy fabrics, there were lots on our local market stall when I last visited.
      Fiona

      Delete
  3. Absolutely wonderful! What a great way of using up fabric scraps.

    I would love to enter your giveaway please!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea, so so pretty!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mission this week is to fine a wire hoop, thanks for the lovely inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) You might even be able to twist one from a wire coat hanger, or maybe try a florist's shop.

      Delete
  6. So pretty and looks easy if I can just twist some wire into that shape!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that cabinet - perfect place to hang your heart. This is a lovely idea simple but very effective and thrifty too. Its a weekend for sitting by the fire crafting with all this rain and wind about. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wild out there. My son was playing hockey in it and I've just been to collect him. Very glad to be home!

      Delete
  8. looks beautiful on your cabinet! what a lovely idea! love the colours! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely idea here!
    Love the materials you have used...
    Thanks also for visits to me and kind words!
    love Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another very clever creation.. I think the best bit is your eye for the colours you put together..love your cabinet
    Happy Week
    Thea x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty!Just found you via Thriftwood and so glad I did!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete