My Blog List

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Autumn glories


It's supposed to be the last day of Indian summer weather, so instead of heading off to an exercise class this morning, I decided to exercise in the 'green gym' outdoors! I put on my boots and had the most beautiful walk around my village. The hedgerows are full of fruits, nuts and turning leaves. Fortunately the lanes I chose to walk along were empty of people, or they may well have wondered what on earth I was doing making collages on the footpath! 



Heart-shaped leaves. Sloes with dew on their skins, acorns and the last blackberries.



I filled my camera bag with hedgerow finds, not sure what I am going to do with them yet!



Problems find solutions and ideas come along when I am walking. I should remember that more often.



Tempting detours....but I had to get back.



Heading into the village, I saw these piled up on one of the allotments...



A true sign that autumn has settled in....

11 comments:

  1. ~ Ooh wish I'd had a autumnal walk.....Been doing all those boring house hold chores...Still yours looks lovely! LOVE all those wonderful pumpkins...~ Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a lovely walk.. I love your heart you made on the footpath with gorgeous Autumn colours.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, I got quite carried away. It was a really peaceful spot as well.

      Delete
  3. Lovely photo's, it was a gloroius morning, wish I'd gone out too instead of doing housework.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been a beautiful day. Eldest son and I have spent most of it tidying the garden and cutting hedges and laying on the grass with cups of tea. I always forget that walking clears my muddled head too. Hope you enjoy arranging your autumn finds. Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you had great weather too and were able to get out and enjoy it.

      Delete
  5. Love that first shot, so colourful! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can well imagine that you made someones day with your lovely collages!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Autumn colours really are amazing, aren't they. M x

    ReplyDelete