My Blog List

Monday 21 April 2014

The car boot minimalist


Every year I make the same resolution: I won't go to as many car boot sales as I need to thin out my stuff. I  know that the only way to resist temptation is to stay away. Then, as the season approaches, this changes to: perhaps I will still just pop down to the car boot sale but I'll only buy plants.....What happens? A warm, sunny bank holiday Monday morning and the giant boot sale is beckoning.


Well, I did buy some plants, including these pretty Auriculas, and some perennials and a few pots of herbs. But I also came home with these.


And a blue linen Saltwater dress...


There is no hope for me...
Hope you all had a great Easter break. 

9 comments:

  1. I say that every year too! I have weaned myself off of charity shops I don't go into them anymore, but bootfairs are a bit more difficult!
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, I don't visit as many charity shops or go to so many antiques fairs now either, but boot sales are my weakness :)

      Delete
  2. WOW ... a Saltwater dress! Lucky you ... I can't stay away from them either, but find that if I have a stall now and again, I get first dibs at all the goodies, get rid of some of my accumulated 'stuff' and hopefully take some money home too (that is, if I haven't spent it all, and take home more treasure than I went with) ... no hope for me either xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, I usually do one or two a year myself.

      Delete
  3. Some great finds, I am the same I can't resist a car boot sale. I love my local ones as it is a great way to catch up with people I don't see very often, that's my excuse anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have lots of car boot friends who I only see on my Sunday morning visits. I like it because there are all sorts of people and we usually end up having some very interesting chats.

      Delete
  4. Wow you found some lovely things at your bootfair. The dog is gorgeous and the old books and enamel bowl are especially nice. There's one near me this weekend that I don't think I will be able to resist.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot resist a rummage in 'junk' shops as you never know what will turn up but I have far too much already. I love your purchases especially that green glass globe bottle and china dog. Minimalism is boring! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love boot sales but haven't been to any this year yet. I love your purchases and you couldn't possibly have not bought them! The dress from Saltwater was a good find.

    ReplyDelete