My Blog List

Friday 9 March 2012

Friday route


I made it to the market again this week. Having worked very hard Monday to Thursday, I decided that I needed to go out today. I enjoyed my walk across the Water Meadows to get to the town.




I've always loved Stamford. I grew up not too far away and even as a small girl, I liked coming here. It has beautiful Georgian buildings, many, many churches and plenty of small alleyways and cobbled streets. The town was completely undiscovered all those years ago, but now it is a very desirable place to live which regularly features in those 'best market towns' guides. It has upmarket clothes shops, an abundance of coffee shops, restaurants and it's now attracting brands such as White Stuff and Fat Face. But there are plenty of independent shops, too. I'm glad, I hope it keeps its character.








There are some stunning houses.




Some great roof top views - lots of spires and chimney pots.




Not much in the charity shops today, but it's always worth a look! Can't be lucky every time...




Have a lovely weekend. I hope to visit a small antiques fair. I'll report back if I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment