My Blog List

Wednesday 19 December 2012

A glimpse of Christmas


I've just pressed 'send' and my last piece of work before Christmas has gone. Hooray for that! (Famous last words, it may come back to haunt me, but it's gone for now).
I started doing some decorating last night, and slowly things are taking shape around the house...I haven't bought any new decorations this year, except...for this hare. He may well hang around after the festive season, too.


I found these old alphabet blocks on ebay during the year. They were only £2.99 and I love them.
I have thinned out my dresser a little, not that you'd really notice :), to make way for some more festive colours and a bit of charity shop bling. It's the only time of year that I get out the 'family silver' and I had a happy half hour polishing it all up with the Silvo last night.



I can't wean myself off my 'old roses' prints and china. Retro is lovely, but so are these.


The tree is up and decorated. 


A bit of glow and shine on a foggy day.


I'm just off to shop for a small party that we're having on Friday evening. I am going to make mulled cider, and lots of 'small food', my favourite kind. Hope your days are not too fraught at the moment. 
Back shortly. 

11 comments:

  1. Lovely, Lovely and lovelier....
    Enjoy your party
    Daisy J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh it looks lovely ... I've got some old alphabet blocks, need to find them now! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely Christmasy photographs - just beautiful!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dresser looks great, have a great party! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ada. I made a bit of bunting last night!

      Delete
  5. Love the picture of your dresser its perfect and I love old rose decorated anything - it always catches my eye when I'm browsing. Have a lovely time at your party - I love mulled cider its nicer than wine. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. Yes, mulled cider definitely wins my vote (and reminds me of the Christmas market).

      Delete
  6. You are ahead of me in the Christmas decorating...my tree still hasn't got the final decs on. It has the fairy lights on and looks great at night, but bare during the day.
    Maybe this evening I will make a start...
    Julie x
    Love the packed dresser....full of lovely pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~ Always lovely to read your pretty blog..
    Sending you Christmas Wishes and hoping you have a fun packed party!
    Love Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria, your lovely words are always appreciated. Have a great Christmas!

      Delete