My Blog List

Friday 12 April 2013

Makes and buys


This tiny glass fronted cupboard is a tobacco cabinet, according to the man on the market who sold it to me. It was very battered when I bought it, in an unappealing brown wood, under years of grime. I took it home, cleaned it thoroughly and gave it a coat of Annie Sloan chalk paint. I made a little rose curtain for the front panel and lined the inside with wallpaper and an old map. This is destined for my annual sale on May 6th.


There is a small side bar, with slots for cigars. But I think paintbrushes would be better.


I love the bobbly trim. Wow, it felt good to be doing a bit of making. I have been on a series of deadlines, badly timed for the Easter holidays. It's such a relief to have finished for a few days. I popped into our nearest town today with my son and I found a few small buys. These shoes are from a shop called QS. They were £5.99 and have more than a bit of Cath about them.


I have never worn a pair of heels in my life, and I particularly love plimsolls and variations on them. I also found this satchel. 


I fell in love with it, and convinced myself it would be great for work, toting my notebooks around.


I bought some very pretty oil cloth as well, which is going to be used for a table makeover. I'm hoping to do it this weekend, when hopefully, I will be back on my blog a bit more frequently than I have been recently.

Have a great weekend. 

9 comments:

  1. You've done a great job there! Love your satchel....very Spring like! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cabinet - I'm sure someone will whip it up at top speed. Know what you mean about the heels - always very disconcerting! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff. That cabinet is so sweet.
    Loving the satchel so much. Is it really leather? I'm a veggie and always on the lookout for good fakes!
    Ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's not leather, that's why I could afford it :) It's a very good fake.

      Delete
    2. Hello again
      Saw a girl with a green satchel today and reminded me about yours. Do you mind me asking where it came from?
      Thanks
      Ellie
      x

      Delete
  4. Pretty little cupboard - love the fabric you've used. I gave up wearing heels years ago and have plimsolls and espadrilles in every colour under the sun but no floral ones yet and yours are lovely. Now we just need some dry weather to wear them. Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, I know, I'm still wearing my winter woollens, so it was a bit optimistic, but surely better weather has to come eventually!

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous satchel and perfect spring colours ... Sarah x

    ReplyDelete