My Blog List

Monday, 28 December 2015

After Christmas


I love the quiet days between Christmas and New Year. I'm lucky enough not to be working this week. A friend is staying for a few days and we're walking, cooking and chatting. The family are home. A busy full time job starts on January 4 so I am relishing these relaxed moments.


The garden is still growing as it's been so warm. I cut the grass a couple of days before Christmas. Nothing seems to be hibernating, there are small green shoots everywhere. My bulbs are through.


2016 is going to be the year that I try to make an impression on our garden. I have lots of plans for it.


I hope to add to my sketch books and do some more printing.

But mostly I'll be adjusting to a new routine. Luckily my office is only 15 minutes from my home across some country roads, so my commute won't be stressful.


Wishing everyone a happy and peaceful New Year.




7 comments:

  1. Wishing you a very happy New Year too - your journey to work sounds wonderful - I have a choice of the scenic route or the traffic jammy route and try to remember to leave early for the scenic one! it's surprising how uplifting a journey with the window open a crack and some birdsong can be. Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! Yes I agree how uplifting it can be especially before a long day in the office.

      Delete
  2. I love your little rosemary wreaths. Happy new year and I hope you soon settle into the new routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and happy new year to you too :)

      Delete
  3. It's the same in my garden. I can't remember it having ever been like this before! Your china cupboard looks lovely and a pretty painting too!

    Wishing you a Happy, Healthy and Creative New Year!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Madelief, a very Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  4. Your paintings are beautiful - what a delicious skill to have. I have some old fabric somewhere with some nice seed heads on...I will have to go and find it now!
    Belated Happy New Year to you and yours
    Best wishes
    Jenny
    PS: Spring bulbs worryingly just coming into flower - mind you I could do with the lift from seeing them

    ReplyDelete