My Blog List

Monday 14 February 2011

A little secret



At first sight, this little cupboard looks very unimpressive. Just another brown cabinet, typical junk shop fare. It was covered in cobwebs and smelt distinctly musty when I picked it up. But further investigation revealed that it's a home-made sewing cupboard, with a sliding compartment concealing storage space for fabrics and a little drawer. On top, the tray is perfect for cotton reels, pin cushions and trimmings. There are even little holes down the side (right) to house knitting needles.

A quick once over with my lavender polish, and it's perfect. Even if I had endless money for fine antiques and a Georgian farmhouse in which to display them, I would still prefer quirky things like this (okay, so I wouldn't say no to the farmhouse....)  

No comments:

Post a Comment