My Blog List

Thursday 27 September 2012

Thursday snapshot


I was really cheered by the sight of these rather fine handmade tea cosies in my local branch of White Stuff today. I popped in for a browse and the staff were handing out free cups of coffee and wearing the cosies on their heads (as you do! Actually, it was for charity).  It was one of those mornings when I was feeling a bit ho-hum, and then a few small nice things happened. First, the sight of those tea cosies, then I picked up this brand new book from the library:


And a couple more:


The Best in Show book made me laugh. I love this knitted cat (instructions on how to make it are in the book, but I think it's way beyond me).


Sometimes it really is the little things....

6 comments:

  1. I think everyone should go around with one of those tea cosies on their head, don't you! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those tea cosies!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this tea cosy idea, coincidently my beret, when worn on my head at times looks like a very cosy tea cosy!hehe...Bring it on!
    I thought your earlier post was lovely and can't believe you were a 'blue peter badge' winner,Gosh! and David Cassidy all in one post!! Happy good old days...
    LoVe Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. My beret is also v similar to a tea cosy...
      Thanks for your comments about my Blue Peter post, I wasn't sure if people would be interested, but you're right, happy good old days!

      Delete
  4. I love tea cosies, and those in your picture are fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so pretty, my dad used to wear our tea cosy on his head and sing "raindrops keep falling on my head" so now when I see one they make me smile, the little cat is very clever
    Thea x

    ReplyDelete