My Blog List

Sunday 1 June 2014

Fabrics from afar


Although I have more than enough fabric to make my current quilt, it's always exciting to acquire a few new pieces to work into the design. I was browsing through Etsy one evening, as you do, and I noticed that there were some fabric shops in India which sell through the site. I fell in love with these block printed pieces, and as they were incredibly reasonably priced, I placed a small order. One envelope arrived the other day, having only taken about a week to reach me. I do love these bold pink prints (probably showing a bit stronger in these photos than they actually are).
I ordered from www.chezviessupplies.etsy.com.



Although I'm using pinks and greens for this quilt, I don't want it to be wishy washy, so I need to inject a shot of colour every so often. I found a lovely old pink daisy print dress in Oxfam the other day, and that has been another welcome addition to the mix.



In fact, I have cut up a couple of vintage dresses for this project. I fall in love with them on the rail, but they are often difficult to wear, so I think it's better that they end up preserved in a quilt. 



I am just waiting for one more package from India (green block print), and off I will go again. 



And here is some pink and green from the garden today.



Hope you've all had a happy weekend....
PS If you've followed me recently and I haven't followed you back, it's because Google hasn't let me sign up to your blog. I will keep trying.

9 comments:

  1. Looking gorgeous. The colour mix of the fabric is really delightful. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fabrics from India are fabulous, they look vibrant, I would love to visit that supplier - am looking for some fabric to make a beach sarong and this looks perfect. I have been enjoying your blog so much since joining you recently, the photography is very inspiring and your quilt project has captured my imagination. Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betty, thank you for joining me, and I am so pleased you like my blog. The supplier I used is called Elvira Threeyama and her etsy shop name is Chezviessupplies.etsy.com. I know some fabrics can take a while to come from overseas, but this service was really fast.

      Delete
  3. Very pretty fabric. I love browsing etsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Etsy and Folksy are both lovely. It's incredible what some people out there are making. Such talents!

      Delete
  4. Very pretty fabrics, I have just got a sewing machine and really excited about it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very exciting. I do my quilts by hand but I do have a little machine for cushions and other simple projects. I love it!

      Delete
  5. These fabrics are amazing, enjoy! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here, here...I love your choice in colours, Fiona .So pretty !
    Thanks for kindest words over on mine..
    I'm enjoying wearing 'those' Sea salt frocks!
    Hugs Maria x

    ReplyDelete