My Blog List

Wednesday 15 February 2012

A fresh look


The furniture is finally back in place, the paint brushes cleaned (well, soaking anyway) and our bedroom has a fresh spring look. I really enjoyed doing this: no major redecoration, just shuffling things around, a lick of paint here and there. I didn't buy anything new, not even my paint, I just used things that I had. Here are some little details: 
















I know from my occasional sales that many people prefer neutral schemes and shades, but I love colour. The  almond green paint is a Dulux paint and I saw it in a magazine a couple of years ago. The stylist Selena Lake had done an Easter spread and she had chairs painted this shade. I had it mixed there and then, but have never found the right piece of furniture to use it on. Like I say, not to everyone's taste, but I love it. The little wooden ladder by my bed (just seen in the above pic) is one of my favourite ever buys. I got it at an antiques fair, from a lady who has since started a shop called Vintage Treasures, in Hinckley, Leicestershire. She has been shortlisted for an award by BBC Homes and Antiques this month. She has a great eye and I always buy something from her.








So, my three boys are back in town tonight and my schedule will change. No more: cheesy 70s and 80s DVDs featuring James Spader and lots of dodgy rock music, meals for one from Marks and Sparks, tiny salads, pastry-free meals,  empty, clean bathroom, silent microwave, trainer-free hall, new Leonard Cohen cd and old Joy Division favourites at top volume, hehe.  Welcome back lads. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the look of your room, you've put a lot of attention to detail and you sound as though you had fun doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Patricia. Yes, I did really enjoy it and I especially love doing the details!

    ReplyDelete