My Blog List

Monday 13 February 2012

Watching paint dry....



There is a bit of teeth-gnashing going on around here. I'm using some of my time alone to have a really good spring clean in our bedroom. The idea was just to paint the rather tired brown bed frame. I'd chosen some dove grey paint, and spent the last couple of days sanding and painting. Trouble was, when I'd finished, I didn't like what it had done to the rest of the room but I couldn't see what was wrong. Much rustling through my interiors books and cuttings file later, I thought I had a solution. But it involved more repainting with the result that nothing is finished yet. Gnash. I am very impatient, I like my projects to be done in a day. While I have been waiting, I found this lovely Zara Home sheet which I bought in a sale last summer.




It had been sitting in its wrapper in a cupboard waiting for the right moment, and I think this is it. I'm still not sure if I've got it right, but it does look good next to the sugared almond green that I've used on my bedside cupboard so perhaps it will all work out.




I'll put everything together tomorrow and see what happens. Meanwhile, there has been some R&R going on. I watched this last night:




I love the book, and I don't think I ever saw the film when it came out. So when I saw this at the checkout in Sainsburys for £3 last week, I thought I'd see what it was like. It has aged really well , and Ali McGraw's wardrobe is just the absolute best. She is absolutely stunning in her little polo neck jumpers, beanie hats, camel trench and short bunchy skirts with thick tights. Ryan's wardrobe...not so good. He starts out quite well with his late 60s preppy look, but then the 70s take hold and he sports some very unflattering flared jeans, and some frankly disastrous teeny white shorts for a scene on the squash court. Anyway, I'd give it five stars and if you do watch it, I defy you not to need at least one tissue.

No comments:

Post a Comment