My Blog List

Monday 27 February 2012

Jubilee party





I've joined our village Diamond Jubilee party committee. Whether or not you are a monarchist, I think a day which brings a community together can only be a good thing, which is why I wanted to get involved. We are having a big picnic at the cricket field. I have suggested running an  exhibition of 1950s memorabilia and artefacts in a small marquee. I'm going to put an appeal in our newsletter, asking people to lend their items for the afternoon. I'm sure I might have a few things of my own to contribute, too :)



I took these snaps at a recent Sainsburys press launch. They have some wonderful British produce and pretty decorative bits and pieces to celebrate the Jubilee. The styling at the launch was pure vintage! 







4 comments:

  1. I love anything to do with Royalty. I bought all my bunting, napkins, cake cases etc back in November (it's never too early to get these things) as I will be having a big family bbq that weekend. It's lovely when families and communities can get together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and I think we could all do with a good reason to have a party. I'm sure it's going to be very big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea having a 1950s memorabilia marquee, my daughter aged 19... is very into royals she keeps a scrapbook of William and Kate and also collects royalty mugs. Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea, I would love to do something like that.

    Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete