My Blog List

Saturday 11 February 2012

...the mouse will play



I'm home alone for five whole days! The family  have gone for a short skiing break. I don't really get on well with skiing: I love the mountains, the views, the air, the food....but not the actual skiing. I started too late (in my forties) and never got over the fear, whereas my boys and husband just love it, and the faster the better. As I'm still on a slightly strange diet, eating would be tricky, it just seemed simpler to stay home this time. And of course, I'm never short of a project or two to undertake while the house is empty. 
Yesterday I stocked up on sandpaper and paint, and this morning, I'm all ready to go....it's nothing too major, just something I've wanted to do for ages. I just have to make sure that I don't sink down on the sofa with my box set of The Killing and never get up again....






When I took this photo earlier today, I could see a fox rootling through the snow for something to eat.



3 comments:

  1. Sometimes it can be a treat to have some time alone, a sort of extension of the concept of a room of one's own. So, enjoy doing whatever your heart desires.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Yes, I think I will enjoy it. It's a very peaceful day with white snow outside, flakes drifting down and strong sunshine, I feel as if I'm in a cocoon!

    ReplyDelete