My Blog List

Saturday 15 January 2011

High Street vintage


I was very interested to see that Marks and Spencer are doing a vintage homes range. I picked up their free magazine yesterday and read it while on a train journey to London to meet some friends. I had my notebooks, my little Roberts radio plugged in (I still prefer it to my iPod sometimes) and wiled away a very pleasant hour in transit.
I liked some of the stronger colours in the M&S range, and it reminded me of this fabric (top), which came in a box of linens that I bought a few months ago. The old linen was a previous find - I love the old price label. The two should make a great cushion - my project for today.

In passing, I found this lovely Seventies bag in a charity shop yesterday. I am trying so hard not to buy new clothes but for £4.95, I thought this counted as a thrifty purchase.....

I am just editing this post to show the finished cushion. I couldn't wait to get started on it, and I like the way it has turned out. The tea cup and saucer are by Midwinter, and they are not my usual style but the blue tones made me get them out and pose them with the cushion. I think it is must be the Angie Lewin mid century modern influence that made me buy all six of them (that and the £2.99-for-everything price tag)....

1 comment: