My Blog List

Sunday 27 November 2011

Shopping locally

There is a village close by called King's Cliffe which has a really high concentration of artists and makers living and working there. Today, a group of them held their annual Christmas shopping event, which is held in the village hall. It was such a great idea: every stallholder came from the village or the immediate area, and they were selling a variety of goods, such as ceramics, jewellery, cakes, bags, willow baskets and lots more besides. Sometimes, I must confess that craft fairs are a bit disappointing (too expensive or I just don't really like the stuff!), but this was definitely not the case today:

Sue Kirk's wonderful willow baskets and decorations. Live music and plenty of cakes and fresh coffee:



Lots and lots of good things to buy.


I loved these little white ceramic acorns:


A tiny paperweight:


Original artists cards (the wren is one of my favourite garden birds):

And afterwards a short stroll in the beautiful village with its pretty limestone houses and cottages:

I came away with lots of business cards and plenty of ideas for the magazine!

No comments:

Post a Comment