My Blog List

Friday, 28 February 2014

Tiger, tiger


Has anyone else discovered Tiger Stores? It's a Danish company, which sells inexpensive homewares. A friend told me about a branch in London, and now there is a shop in Cambridge, where I called in recently.



It is a kind of Danish pound shop, with gorgeous Scandi design in evidence. Hum drum items are transformed, such as these heart shaped sponge scourers.



A bird shaped coin purse. I love all these bright colours (modelled on my small stash of 60s and 70s fabrics).



Frames in cute colours.



And Easter eggs in bold brights. Isn't it great? I had a very happy half hour browsing the crammed shelves and filling a basket which came to very few £££s. Also of note, which I didn't buy this time, was sticky backed plastic shelf liner in pop flower designs. There is a huge stationery section to look through.



Here is a view of the front:



Well worth a trip, I'd say.

8 comments:

  1. What a great shop! I often find little treasures in our local Pound shop. I'd love to poke around in Tiger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I agree that the Pound Shop can be a surprising source of treasures, but I'm sure you'd love Tiger!

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of this store before but will have a look next time I'm in London. Love the little heart sponges and pretty purse. Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is one in Brighton too... I love this shop, they change their stock often so never boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought there might be one in Brighton. I shall definitely be calling in again.

      Delete
  4. Yes, I chanced upon this shop a few weeks ago when I was in Cambridge. I think it has only just opened. Like you, I thought it was crammed full of pretty (and useful) things at very good prices and came away with quite a few 'treasures'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like an interesting shop! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love some nice labels, well hopefully these will start to explode across the high street soon...I'd love a nosy! :) x

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My Photo
I'm a freelance journalist living in a village in East Northamptonshire with my husband and youngest son. I love visiting car boot sales, auctions and markets and writing about my inexpensive finds, and also some small craft projects and my attempts at watercolour painting and patchworking. I'm the editor of a local magazine, so I find out about loads of interesting things that are happening in my community, some of which I share here, too.