My Blog List

Friday 11 March 2011

Market day

Today, the market was full of beautiful flowers, bulbs and sunshine. I can't always make it to this market, so when I do, it always feels like a novelty, even though I am usually shopping for mundane items such as potatoes and onions, and loaded down like a packhorse. Anyway, I bought two bunches of blooms (the others are more gorgeous, but try as I might, I can't photograph them properly).

Then there were more flowers, on this fantastic scrap of Sanderson linen from Help the Aged. Just 49p. And a stall selling cushion innards of all shapes and sizes. I have decided to turn some of my stray traycloths (of which I have many) into cushion covers. But as I can't do anything too clever with material, I needed some cushion pads of just the right size so I don't have to join anything together. The stall was full of them. Hooray.
And finally.....this baby was lurking on one of those market stalls that sells seconds from Marks and Spencer and Monsoon. This is a White Stuff coat in raspberry coloured cotton velvet. While £40 is not strictly a bargain, it was originally £95 so.... I bought it.
Potatoes, onions, carrots, apples, grapes, broccoli....and a White Stuff coat. A good market day.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful, beautiful coat! Such a cheery colour, I bet you'll enjoy wearing it so much. It even goes with your pretty anenomes.

    I love market shopping too, the chat, finding just what you're looking for, the service (I get my veg carried to the car occassionally and always an extra apple or so thrown in) and supporting the community.

    Must go back to have another look at your coat (£40 is definitely value for money for such a quality item I reckon).

    Have a smashing Sunday and thanks for your lovely comments on my blog.
    Stephx

    ReplyDelete