There cannot be a party without bunting. As the village hall I'm renting is quite big, I know that I'll need a lot, or it will look a bit lost. With the best will in the world, I'd never be able to make such a large quantity, to I turned to t'internet to see what I could find. I am pleased with these bold fabric flags which arrived today. They fit with my bright colour scheme and tissue paper pom poms and they are a really good size.
It's good to see some bright, cheery colours on what has been a very miserable week with two days of solid rain. Unable to go outside, I have made some bunting but it's in a completely different style.
I took a stack of old doilies and some bias binding and machined them together.
I made that sound easy, but it wasn't. It took me a whole hour to thread my machine and wind a new bobbin, as I am incapable of remembering how the machine works. It is so frustrating and just the way my brain is wired. But I persevered and managed not to hurl the whole lot out of the window. The stitching is dodgy in places, where the tension went slightly awry but it does look quite sweet and I am very glad to have used some of these:
I am sure I will find a little space for this in the hall, too.
Yes, still a few ends to sew in :) but nearly there....