My Blog List

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Hello - and some cards!


Well, I really didn't intend to be away from the blog for so long, but I was embroiled in a mega week of work. As a freelancer, I'm not going to complain (well, only a bit anyway) but it was full steam ahead all of last week. All done now, and the good news is that I've got the cards ready to go on sale, with prices etc, so I'll do that first.


There are four designs to choose from: stall, dresser, caravan and cupboard. They cost £1.50 each or four for £5 with £1 postage on top. If you'd like to order, please email me: fiona@perrymiller.co.uk and I'll give you my address if you would like to pay by cheque, and then a pretty little package will be winging its way to you.
The cards are blank for your own greeting, and printed on thick card, and of course they come with envelopes.

  
I only have a small print run of the cards, so I won't keep banging on about selling them on the blog. 


In other news...I picked up a beautiful old children's cook book a few weeks ago. It is battered and torn but very pretty inside.


It's from the 1940s, just after the war.


I love how it says at the end of the page: "Does your mother like India or China tea in the afternoon?"
Then there follows instructions for making mother a tray with a pot of loose leaf tea, and some hot buttered toast and jam. Maybe I'll leave it open at this page for my son to find.... I might wait quite a long time for my tea tray.

I've accessorised the book here with a set of old cookie cutters which I found at an antiques fair in October. I ummed and aahed about buying them (there are quite a few more than I've shown here). It wasn't the price, I was concerned about what I would actually do with them. But after a good clean, I know I'll use them.


I intend to catch up on some blog reading now.
Back soon!


8 comments:

  1. Super news about your cards - well done. Lovely cookery book too - very charming dust jacket. I also love your cat cookie cutter!
    Keep warm on the chilly evenings
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can vouch for the fact that the cards are lovely! And love your cookie cutters, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cookbook, especially the cover. Good luck with the card sales, they look lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful cards, you are very talented! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely want some please - i'll pop an email to you this evening. Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen for your support, much appreciated.

      Delete
  6. Hello Fiona , just catching up ...your cards are wonderful so very clever, and I love those cutters, they look very easy to use with the little handle across them, I wish they still made them like that
    Happy Weekend
    Thea xx

    ReplyDelete