My Blog List

Sunday 3 November 2013

Sunday morning


A sunny Sunday morning. The best ones start with pancakes, maple syrup and Sunday Morning by Velvet Underground (featuring the late, lamented Lou Reed) on the iPod. And then a walk in the woods....


So much to see. It took us a long time to complete our walk because I kept stopping to marvel over the seasonal sights...this toadstool looks as if it is wearing a tutu...


An ancient and gnarled tree with roots that reminded me of huge hands.


Old Man's Beard.


So many sloes. The branches are heavy with them. I think we'll have to make sloe gin this year. And the hedgerows are full of berries of all kinds. 


It was a beautiful morning.


9 comments:

  1. I love that beautiful old tree. Its bucketing with rain here so you have had a lucky, lovely Sunday. Sloe Gin sounds good. I think we still have some left over from last year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Karen, it was one of those mornings where we thought we needed to go and enjoy it while the sun was out. Plus, my son and husband were not playing football, so we had a very rare Sunday morning free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the woods are very definitely at their best at this time of year - oh to be a squirrel! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're certainly tucking into the remains of our walnut crop!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like my kind of perfect. We have tone of Sloes here too ... seems to be a bumper year for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely Sunday.. beautiful photos
    There are so many berries and nuts around, I think there will be plenty for all the little furry friends this year
    Happy week
    Thea x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thea
      Thank you, And yes, I think it is good news for the birds and beasts of the woods!

      Delete
  6. A lovely Sunday. Nature has been very bountiful this year.
    Have a good week.
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nature at its best. Perfect way to start a day.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete