My Blog List

Tuesday 26 November 2013

Some seasonal making


It feels like time to be getting a few festive things underway. Out came the old sheet music, those cookie cutters (again), and from my favourite source of thrifty Christmas items 2013,  some goodies from Wilko's. The burlap ribbon is great, I'm going to attach the stars to the ribbon and adorn various edges and ledges with it when the time comes....



I also found these bark stars at Wilko's:



And as for the white berries on my new header, I spotted them on a tree in the front of the most beautiful semi-derelict house that I passed today. 



It really was the most magical house. Sadly, it is 'under offer...'



So I just had to settle for the berries.





13 comments:

  1. Look forward to seeing your hand made decs Fiona. What a gorgeous house and the berries are perfect for your winter header.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous is that house? I am trying to think of what to do for my winter header but stumped at the moment. Love the simplicity of yours X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo I love it all...The stars, ribbon etc..I popped into Wilkos last week and found some lovely things
    The little house is just waiting for someone to love it...I hope they do
    Simple berries....perfect
    Thea x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's certainly time for "making and baking" I can't wait to start. Love the little stars, x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wilko's has got some great stuff in at the moment - I've pretty much stocked up on ribbon! Love the idea of attaching the stars to the burlap x Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, Yes, I thought they had a great range, esp. ribbon. I liked the way they've used quieter colours, greys and so on.

      Delete
  6. Ooo! Love your decorations and the new header. And that house ....'sigh' .. if only!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely isn't it. I want to torture myself by seeing how much it was....although it looked like it would need thousands spending on it.

      Delete
  7. What a dream house to renovate. Love your little bark stars...I shall have to look out for them next time I go shopping & great idea with the music sheets...I have some of that stashed away somewhere so I shall have to get making. I've been admiring a beautiful shrub/small tree with purple berries each morning in a front garden when I walk my brother's dog. Not sure what it is but looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqui,
      I'm not sure what these berries are, but I loved the fact that they are white.

      Delete
  8. After reading this post, I'm heading to Wilko's tomorrow! Lovely pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah, yes, I would recommend it. Someone there has good taste!

      Delete