My Blog List

Friday 19 August 2011

Rainy day project 2

Once I'd started sewing yesterday, I didn't want to stop. Another idea I'd had brewing for a while was a door curtain/blind made from this beautiful old Hungarian linen cloth. However, blinds are way beyond me, I just can't get my head around the instructions. So, I needed a more simple solution. I spotted a net curtain wire and two hooks in Dunelm (a brilliant shop if you look hard), which cost the princely sum of 99p.
I folded over my cloth at the top and machined it, leaving a slim gap, then threaded the wire through. Using the two little hooks and eyes it was supplied with, I screwed them into the door and just clipped on the cloth.

I now need to construct two little strips so it can be rolled up and down, but I've already got a plan for those.


Meanwhile, upstairs, my husband was adding some shelves to our tiny airing cupboard so my huge assortment of linens and bedding can have a slightly less chaotic home, and an excellent job he did, too. Thank goodness for rainy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment