My Blog List

Sunday 8 April 2012

A weekend in Brighton



We spent the holiday weekend with my sister in law and her partner in Brighton. We always enjoy our trips here, and we're regular visitors. Brighton is so vibrant. It has a totally different feel to our area. 





My older son always says he wants to live in a city after we've been here for a few days. I'm pretty sure I felt the same at his age. Still do, sometimes. 


So many interesting little shops.....





Great houses....


End of pier antics....


And mini golf on the sea front.
 This is Roedean School, looking for all the world like Bleak House in the grey morning mist. 



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good weekend. My husband's parents lived in nearby Seaford and we spent many years with our children visiting the surrounding areas. Brighton was always popular as was Eastbourne. Remember thinking Roedean could have been something out of Jane Eyre. Lovely memories, thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Patricia :) It's nice to hear that you're enjoying the blog. There is so much more of the area that I'd love to explore. I love Lewes, and I'd really like to go to Rye.

    ReplyDelete