My Blog List

Thursday 23 June 2011

Thrifting

It has felt like a l-o-n-g week, as my son just had one GCSE exam left and I was desperately trying to keep him motivated. Most of his friends had finished their exams and were out having a great time, so it was hard going for everyone. But now he has finished, and there was a 100 watt smile of relief and happiness from him as he came in through the door tonight. The end of an era for him, too, as he will go to a different school for sixth form, all being well.
I have just finished a set of deadlines, so it felt like a day to kick back which meant, of course, a little trip to my favourite charity shop. It's not on my normal route, so I need a couple of spare hours to get there and have a really good browse. As soon as I walked in I spotted this gorgeous cloth, and it was a bargainous £1.29.

Next stop was a funny little crafts centre, which is actually a mixture of antiques and card and craft supplies. I always worry that it will be closed down when I visit, as it's rather a mish mash and everything is a bit run down. In fact, it's like a proper old fashioned junk shop, of the sort that I remember from my childhood.
I found this beautiful little fabric covered sewing box with pins, buttons and a wooden darning mushroom inside.

It was only a fiver, so I had to bring it home. I found a second sewing box, too, a wooden one, which needs a thorough clean and some tlc. I shall enjoy doing that one up. And finally, the panels that I bought at auction a few weeks ago are on the wall at last. I am pleased with them.

Lots and lots of colour going on in the house at the moment. I think it all fits together.....

No comments:

Post a Comment