My Blog List

Saturday 17 December 2011

Party ready

Spent a lovely day preparing for our party last night. I didn't want to get stressed and snappy with family members, as that pretty much defeats the object of having a party, so I tried to be really organised, and of course, not working as much has helped enormously. I've been able to enjoy the preparations, rather than dashing about like a thing possessed. I'd been shopping and baking throughout the week.

Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall's shortbread recipe is a winner. And Good Housekeeping's tiny puff pastry pieces, sprinkled with parmesan and paprika - easy.


Then it was just a matter of assembling things: feta, olive and roast pepper on skewers. Chicken, chorizo and sage on a stick, parmesan shortbread with mozzarella and basil, smoked salmon on mini oatcakes, sticky sausages, tried and tested chocolate brownies, cheese, bread and my husband's pate.


Fire lit, candles burning, the smell of mulled wine on the hob and the house all ready and expectant before it bursts into life. The few moments before a party starts are always lovely....




I hope our guests enjoyed it as much as we did....

No comments:

Post a Comment