My Blog List

Friday 23 March 2012

Making the most of it

I know it probably sounds as if I've been on one long shopping spree lately, but that's not quite the truth. It just happens that while I've been feeling well, I have to grab the moment, as that isn't always the case, so I tend to pack quite a lot in while I have the chance. Today was Peterborough Festival of Antiques. It's six miles away from our house, so very easy to get to. This event gets better and better, and with the wonderful forecast today, the whole showground was choc a bloc with stalls. One dealer told me that every single space was booked! I arrived at 6.45am in the foggy dawn. 


Peterborough really doesn't attract many events like this, so it's lovely to go to something on the doorstep. 
I've been a regular here for so long that I have got to know quite a few of the stallholders. I love the chat and the cameraderie (and the fact that they are happy for me to take photos!). Let's have a wander.....




This was a pretty stall. Lots of vintage and retro, kitchenalia, stools, fabrics and kitsch.




Rather liked those green drawers...but had a strict 'no furniture' rule today (on account of fact that our house is full)..


Gorgeous old stool, too. But no, I was just looking.


The smell of bacon and coffee drifts over the showground. The sun comes out and dealers are in full sales mode. I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be.


Garden furniture and pots are on sale...


By 10.30am, my car boot looked like this and the crowds had swelled. It was heaving! Time to head home. 




Fabric scrap

Cushion cover

Curtain

Lots for my sale. I shall revamp the stool completely, and the printers trays need a good clean and paint. My favourite buys are the little white horse on wheels. He was £12. And the 1960s blue vegetable rack is to hold my fabrics. I was so pleased I got this, because the Cath Kidston buyer arrived at the stall just after me, and she was buying all the other ones. Off to do some work now. And get myself ready for a house full of teenagers tonight.... 





2 comments:

  1. I went to the fair today. Had a wonderful time! So many dealers, so many vistiors and endless, glorious sunshine. Ooh and of course I bought a few things; vintage buttons and lace, a few books and a wire hanging basket. Hope you have a wonderful weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great, wasn't it! Lovely atmosphere. Must be brilliant for the organisers to have such good weather, I've never seen it so buzzing before. Glad you hunted out some great finds :)

    ReplyDelete