My Blog List

Sunday 24 June 2012

Dreamy





An open garden in a nearby village. I thought this path across the river looked so inviting in a slight misty haze. This photo really sums up the landscape where I live.




We dodged showers and the sun was hot when it showed. The walled vegetable garden is a beauty. A little bit dilapidated, all the more charming for that. There were onions, peas, strawberries, potatoes, lettuces, herbs and a fruit cage full of blackcurrant and raspberry bushes.




I love gardens which tantalise with doors in walls and paths which snake around corners. 




And what about this for a lush border? I loved this plant (below).




A
A honeysuckle arch:


And to round it all off, a home made scone with plum jam and clotted cream.





And when we got home, just time to put up my lovely new sign. 


2 comments:

  1. What beautiful scenery, and your sign looks lovely! Really like the swallow fabric on the pelmet xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was an ebay buy years ago. I love how fellow bloggers notice all the little details! I do it, too.

      Delete