My Blog List

Friday 8 June 2012

Rainy day finds


I was up very early this morning taking my eldest son and two friends to the station so they could catch the train to London. It was a working day for me, but I thought I might just look in on a small antiques fair that was advertised. But as I drove towards it, the rain lashing my windscreen and the wind buffeting the car, I wimped out. By late afternoon, I gave in and went to have a peek. The dealers were doing their best with runaway marquees and gale force winds. I found this rabbit, leaking stuffing and with threadbare fur and patchy velveteen ears on a lovely stall full of old board games and carrier bags spilling lace and tablecloths. Rabbit bought, I decided to check the charity shops (not usually very good late on a Friday afternoon) but I was in luck today. Oxfam had just restocked its fabric shelves, and I came away with a bag of remnants, and some lovely books. 






And a summer dress (maybe one day it will be sunny again)...




I hope the weather calms down for the weekend and all those fetes and festivals that are taking place. 
Have a lovely one. 



8 comments:

  1. Wonderful finds,especially the rabbit,I used to have one just the same when i was little :) have a fab weekendxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rabbit is adorable, I'm glad someone else appreciates him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rabbit's good but I love the book. I've been trying to find out how to put borders around my photos I wonder if you'd mind telling me how you do it? Thanks. P x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia
    I agree that the book is lovely, and it came in a set of two. The other one has a yellow and green cover. I think that Malcolm Savile, the author, wrote mystery stories for children. I remember them from my childhood.
    The photos with the border come courtesy of an app called Hipstamatic which I bought for £1.49 and downloaded on to my iPhone, with the help of my son. It adds them automatically to give a retro look. I believe you can do a similar thing with Picasa on a PC, but I am very new to all of this, and no expert! Hope that may be of some help.
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks for that Fiona, I'll give it a try. Patricia

      Delete
  5. Lovely finds and I hope you get to wear your summer dress soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it may be a weekend for staying indoors and enjoying your lovely finds. I remember the Malcolm Saville books too. He was born in Hastings and set several of his books in Rye. I have a couple of old copies that my sons have enjoyed. Karen X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Malcolm Saville reference - I was pretty sure it was the same name, it's funny how the memory stores these little things away!

      Delete